Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kids, Life, Middle age and Grandbabies


Everyone around me probably thought I was crazy. What mother in her right mind would jump up and down, clapping her hands and chanting "I'm gonna be a grandma, I'm gonna be a grandma" when learning her 19 year old unmarried daughter was going to have a baby? My co-workers thought I was nuts, my daughter thought I was nuts. I've always know I was nuts but that's another story. I don't think many Mother's would have the same reaction as me.

I was a 42 year old mother of two children. My son, Zachary, was 23 years old, a college graduate and living 5 hours from home. My daughter had graduated from high school and was working. My husband's job keeps him away from home through the week and I guess I was in some middle age funk. I'm not sure what it's called but something just wasn't right. Empty nest syndrome!!!!! Yeah that's it!! I started thinking that maybe I would like to have another baby. I discussed it with my husband and he bought me a dog. I love dogs!! But I love babies to. Hmmm. He bought me another dog and then another dog but I still thought baby....hmmm.
You have 2 perfectly healthy GROWN kids. Do you really want to spend 18 years of your life raising another one? yes, no, yes?

Well I watch Oprah regularly and I know all about the Secret. I've read the book, I've seen the film. I tried to live my life the way the Secret recommends. You know the Secret? Like attracts like. Think of yourself as a magnet. Your thoughts are thrown out into the Universe and what you think you get. To this day my husband blames me for my daughter's pregnancy. He said "see what happened? You threw it out there".

Yeah well maybe I did. I got me a baby and got me one I can give back at the end of the day. What more could you ask for? Zayden was born January 30, 2009 and he is the sweetest, most precious, most loved little man in the world. He is Grandmas boy. I have always heard how special grandchildren could be but I had no idea till my first arrived. Life is good. No life is great!

Follow me around for a while as blog my thoughts on kids, life, middle age and Grand Babies cause they are Grand. Yes they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment